Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Pibbins

My little one, my sweet little girl, is almost Two. Its amazing how time flies. The moment she was born she amazed me. She came out 9 lbs and 3 oz. She had fat rolls on her fat rolls! Her chubbyness shocked me and still does. I remember a week before she was born my Doctor told me that he estimated her weight at just over 7 lbs. he was so wrong!

The way she came out set her pace for life. She will always amaze me. Lately the thing that has me being an overly proud mother is her language development. It has taken off over these last few weeks. She has always loved to coo, and chat, but nothing more than a word or two until recently. She is talking so much. Some of her blubberings even resemble sentences. I hit my head yesterday and she said "ow, mommy mommy okay?", then she kissed my head. Even though my head hurt, my heart soared with pride. My little girl is becoming a compassionate human being. One with her own thoughts and own concerns.

One of my favorite things she says lately is "my pibbin". Pibbin is just her word for Blanket. She loves her blankets lately. She has 4 she drags around. She covers her dolls with one and then greedily covers herself with the others.. then throws them off of her and leaves them in random places, then screams for me to find them... "mommy MINE MINE Pibbin!".
Photobucket

While on the our way back from Eastern Washington this weekend, a fly landed on her 'pibbin', she freaked out and started to cry. The stupid fly then preceded to land on her making her scream and now any time she sees a fly she starts to cry... even if its a mile away. She hates insects all because one stupid fly landed on her special 'pibbin'.


Not only is she speaking amazingly well , and deathly afraid of insects, she is almost fully potty trained. She has no accidents during the day anymore! I am unsure how long it will be until she is trained thru the night, but I am very excited about the fact that she is now Day Trained!

Photobucket
Sigh. I am just a mother totally in love with her daughter!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yeah, just so you know, the insect phobia comes from me, her favorite, Un-aunt Cheryl. I love her too, she is growing up to be quite an amazing young girl.