Tuesday, August 12, 2008

A Goal Of Fastlessness

So my Goal Starting August 14th is to not be :"FAST Less Ness" for 30 days. This means no fast food or shopping... ie.. starbucks, smoothies, subway, slurpees, chinese from safeway, and many other things that I love so much. I am also not going to purchase clothing, shoes, hair crap, or DVDs.. meaning for me no target or walmart.

The goal of my "Fast Less Ness" is to say to GOD.. Hey I love you more than I love me. So not getting a coffee ore a sub sandwhich for thirty days will be hard, but I think God is more important than my instant self gratification.

I am excited to do this, and scared to fail. So all of my friends I need your support!

3 comments:

-Maria- said...

oops i posted my comments to the wrong posts, well you get the poing anyways:)
ria

-Maria- said...

oh, we should get that docu bout wal-mart i think it's "The high price of....um something" that shoudl help us stick to this;)!

Shawn said...

Fast less ness, I like it. Considering many of us don't fast as often as we really should. I think your fast sounds like a great idea. I haven't thought about fasting from stuff like DVD's, video games and material things before. When I think of fasting I think of food really. With what you are saying though it really makes sense. The whole idea behind fasting is to get our mind off of things to focus on God. So whatever that thing is that we think we need to rely on besides God, we need to fast from it sometimes to show ourselves that God is the one who we need for nurishment.