Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Distracted

When I was younger my favorite poem was 'Fire and Ice' by Robert Frost.

Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice.
From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice


I had this poem in my head the last few days. With all the drama and pain that seems to surround me... I wrote my own poem. Its not near as great but both poems seem to describe my current state.. one through another authors perspective and then one through my very own


Distracted

I become distracted from this place,
bored with its tedious lies,
I distance myself from its hideous eyes
I would like to leave,
To find a new me,
To distance my self from the worlds cries
Terrified I am that there is no light in me
Leaving me with no place to hide
I have no inner peace , my vivaciousness has died
I want to disappear from the madness of me
Find the strength concealed inside
I get lost sifting through all the chaos
I've been in obscurity for so long
I lose all that matters
Nothing left for me
except the infinite darkness of my soul




No comments: