Thursday, October 23, 2008

Let the Earth Quake

This is similar to my last post. I've been going through a lot lately. With business being slow, and the world being an expensive place, I've felt really low. I was loosing faith, and questioning my Gods will. I feel like I've been through enough. I asked... can't it be 'easier'?

Lets start with the things I know. The things that are true.


I am lucky. I was born in a free nation. A nation of plenty. I've not ever had to need or want for any of my basic needs to be met. God is a GOOD God.

Now for what I've been dealing with. I don't know why I doubt God. My thoughts can be my worst enemy. That is where I fall. I may know that GOD is good. But I start to question it. I start to think of all the things I have learned. Anthropology, history, all the ways in which humans create a need for GOD. All the ways in which GOD hasn't proven himself in human history or in my own life. I feel frustrated that I even do this. I am mad, because its all untrue. I know exactly how he changed my life. HOW he saved me. At the time certain events may have seemed so awful and felt terrible with no understanding of why why why... (much like how I feel right now).. but in the after math they make sense. There are events that still hurt and cause pain to think about, bu I see now that if they didn't happens other things would have never happened, other lives would have never been changed...

I truly trust God. I know he gave me free will. Its my own will that makes me falter. ITs me who pulls away. He knows I will to. He knew me before I was born, he knows how I will be what I will do. Its frustrating. I wish I was less prone to falter.

I know I am silly. But I have been struggling so much that when I prayed... I said GOD just tell me what to do.

And here it was. I turned on the radio...


"Our Hope Endures"

You would think only so much can go wrong
Calamity only strikes once
And you assume this one has suffered her share
Life will be kinder from here
Oh, but sometimes the sun stays hidden for years
Sometimes the sky rains night after night
When will it clear?

But our Hope endures the worst of conditions
It's more than our optimism
Let the earth quake
Our Hope is unchanged

How do we comprehend peace within pain?
Or joy at a good man's wake?
Walk a mile with the woman whose body is racked
With illness, oh how can she laugh?
Oh, 'cause sometimes the sun stays hidden for years
Sometimes the sky rains night after night
When will it clear?

But our Hope endures the worst of conditions
It's more than our optimism
Let the earth quake
Our Hope is unchanged

Emmanuel, God is with us
El Shaddai, all sufficient
We never walk alone
And this is our hope

But our Hope endures the worst of conditions
It's more than our optimism
Let the earth quake
Our Hope is unchanged

ITs amazing how God works. Even with a difficult circumstance. I need to have a hope that is unchanged. I need to not waver, even in my own thoughts.

Its a process getting it right. Not one of us is perfect. We are just supposed to try.


No comments: